Monday, August 24, 2009

Is anybody out there??

I am sure I don't have to remind anyone that our life is incredibly insane right now ...


Sorry for the 2 weeks away from the blog but the LIGHTNING that hit our house did not give us any extra time .... (I will come back to that later)


I have had a little time away from the blog, and well, I did miss it! I love sharing stories about our life and knowing that I am saving a memory here and a memory there in this electronic journal space ... BUT


I need to know who is out there ... did anyone miss us for the past 2 weeks? I have opened the comments up to the world, so let me know you are there. I just need a little reminder that I am not blogging to myself every now and again ... hope that does not seem selfish!!

__________________________________________________________

Back to the LIGHTNING! I was at work, but Brian was home with the kids. All 4 napping when the storm rolled through. Brian said it shook the walls, the Alarm system started to go crazy, the computer was fried, router taken out, air conditioner stopped working, cable gone, phones messed up, garage door not functioning ... the list goes on! Just what we had time for, right. I am just so thankful that no one was hurt, no fire, and everything that was messed up is REPLACEABLE! So that is that ... insurance has been called and we are slowly on our way back to normal. We have to give a huge thanks to our neighbors. They knew an HVAC repair man that made a house call the night of the storm to fix the air. It just happened to be the first 90 degree day in weeks! Brian has been working hard to fix a few other things himself to save a $ or two.

Well ... so ... that is that!

________________________________________________________

We have spent time with family and friends and made a special trip up to Michigan for the Kenny Chesney concert. By far one of the best concerts I have been to. Sold out at Ford Field ... joined by Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum ... we had a great time! Thousand of fans, lots of cowboy hats, and a few cocktails coupled with the first night out for us is quite some time .... CLASSIC!

Pictures to come ... things will be back to normal around here again soon.

The babies have their 4 month check up on Thursday!! Back with updates ....

8 comments:

Aimee said...

I know the feeling that you are blogging to yourself, but I'm here reading! Can't wait to see new pictures!

The Utley Crew said...

I am always reading along!!! :)

Rachel said...

I'm always reading! I know exactly how you feel though; sometimes I think my mom is the only person that reads my blog!
Kenny Chesney concerts are always SOOO much fun! I'm glad that you guys got to get out by yourselves too!

Anonymous said...

I check it all the time!!! Keep it up!!! Love, Lesley

Andrea said...

Of coarse!

Anonymous said...

I check it every day. I love getting the updates! Rachel B.

Anonymous said...

Of course!
Dad & Mom

The Hoppenjans Family said...

I'm reading!!! I love keeping up to date with pics and your posts on the blog! Keep it up!