Below is an update from my brother on my nephew Billy. This is the best news we could have asked for. Thanks to everyone for your prayers!
Friends and Family,
I'm excited to announce that this is going to be my last update on Billy.
While watching his healing closely and keeping him out of bacteria's way, his physical progress over the last week has been remarkable. We had another visit to the doctor this past Thursday. The doctor was amazed at his progress and made several comments on his ability to recuperate quickly. Her excitement was quickly picked up by all of us and gave us some well needed relief from the waiting game we have played for the past couple of weeks. All bandages were removed and all pig skin is gone. Yeah!! The doctor quickly gave him approval to return to school, take a shower, and go outside. A big change from where he's been. Things are getting back to normal quickly.
While the new skin is pale in comparison to his old skin, he's going to heal nicely. He is still waiting on his eyebrows to grow in completely and has a little bit of acne from wearing the extra layers of skin. Moving forward, he has to put on lotion as many as 6 times daily and has to wear SPF 60 sunscreen every time he goes in the sun for the next year. This will be a critical part of his daily routine, right along with brushing his teeth and flossing. If not, he risks his skin drying out and turning a dark black burnt color. This is a small price to pay for where he could have ended up. We are so blessed to be where we are today.
Michelle also organized with North Cobb High School for BB to have a tutor visit him for 3 hours. She stopped by on Friday morning. She helped with some homework, gave Billy a couple of quizzes, and administered an essay that he need to complete. The idea was that this will all help loosen the load when he returns back to school. I'm sure he has a lot of work to do to catch up and keep in line with the requirements of North Cobb's International Studies program.
I know you guys have all heard it before, but I have to share. This experience has truly been an eye opener for The Rose's. You know the old saying, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Well, just a few weeks ago, this idea crossed my mind. It was all to real, to think about life without my BB. A feeling I NEVER want to feel again and I don't want any of you to experience either. Over the last few weeks, I've held BB's hand, rubbed his back, hugged him, kissed him, helped him eat, helped him to the bathroom, asked constantly if he needed anything from me, watched TV with him, played video games, played cards, slept by his side, worked on his computer, etc... Every chance I had, I spent with him. More importantly, I let him know how important he is to me, how lucky I am to have him, and that I love him. While I can't loosen my on grip on engaged parenting, I can share my love. A day will never go by without me telling him again... Even when he does make mistakes... And I know he will....
Of course, I can't finish this email without saying thank you to all of you. Your unbelievable support helped us make this a growing experience. Your emails, phone calls, gifts, dinners, goody bags, lawn mowing, and visits were incredible. You kept our spirits high! We simply can't thank you enough. I can only hope that I'm here for all of you if you ever fall on times of need. You guys rock!
Thanks again!
Bill and Michelle Rose
What an incredibly lucky family we are!
This past weekend I traveled to Indiana to visit with my college roommates and to welcome Baby Amelia Naville. We had a fantastic afternoon together!
Andrea looks absolutely beautiful and her girls are Cute. As. Ever.
Krista was able to make the trip with Olivia (3) and Ella (2) They are SO ADORABLE ... Tyson really took to Ella ... watch out!!
Kelly, Emily and Katie were able to make the trip in from Indianapolis and spend the afternoon with all of our children. It was so great to see everyone!
Thanks to my mom and dad for their help. They came in for the weekend, helped me prepare for the trip and kept me company (and from going crazy) on a 2 hour car trip ... THANKS!!
Enjoy the pictures!
Have a great week!!

1 comment:
Yes, how incredibly lucky, and blessed! Isn't it hard to believe at times that he is the same little baby Billy that lived in that little house in Lousiville with his 101 Dalmation room? Time goes by too fast! :(
All the pics and kiddos are so cute....I love the shot of kid chaos! hahaha! And, I think Jaxson looks SO MUCH like Billy did as a baby, do you??
Post a Comment