Well ... it is time for me to tell the whole story. I have been keeping a few things from our blogger friends. We need to travel back in time ... say ... six weeks or so!
In the beginning of October, I went to my manager and let him know that we decided to make some changes on the home front, I needed to stay home for the winter with the kids. It was just to much to get all of the kids to daycare in the morning, be away from the house for over 12 hrs, and try to run a home ... yep ... while paying someone a fortune to watch my children ... tough!! So I was putting myself into stay at home mom mode.
Turn of events ...
About 2 weeks into that decision, my husband was laid off .... yep, heart sinks to your stomach, right.
Turn of events ...
I am taking a transfer with my company and we are moving to Atlanta!
Opposite of stay at home mom ... I know. The flip side, the kids will be with Grandma ... woo hoo!!! My last day working in Cincinnati was October 31st and I will be starting with the Atlanta office at the end of December. I am soaking up all of the time I can with the twins and Tyson for the next 4 weeks in the midst of all of the craziness.
I can't say enough great things about what my company is doing for me. They have been fantastic, and it just so happens they had a seat open right in the heart of my home town ... well, where my family is at least. We thought long and hard about what we needed to do. We are heartbroken to move so far from Grandma and Grandpa Jones ... but they are backing up our decision and they are excited for our journey.
So ... making a long story short. The past month and a half has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have been holding out on updates until we really knew what was going to happen. The house went up for rent for 2 short weeks and we have a tenant. So "Hotlanta" here we come!!
We traveled South last weekend, taking some time to look around at houses. We had gorgeous weather and spent time with my family.
Please keep us in your prayers as Brian looks for a new opportunity in Atlanta. We are looking at this whole situation as a new beginning ... good things are happening.
Enjoy the pictures from our trip ... soon to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I miss you already! ;-) Love ya! Hope the packing is going well!
Excited about these opportunities for your family, but sad to see you leave the midwest! I love you!
Post a Comment