Dakota came first at 1:02 AM. It was a normal delivery, she was healthy and I heard her cry right away. They took her fast, wrapped her up and handed her to her daddy. I still had work to do. Another baby to deliver … a rush of emotions. I did not know where to look. I wanted to see my daughter but I needed to concentrate for Jaxson … he was not ready. The doctor took some time to make sure he was okay. The nurse moved me this way, then that way. She needed to hear his heart and I needed to know he was okay. Finally at 1:12 he was born. It was scary, not a normal delivery, he was breech my whole pregnancy, he was born breech too. I did not hear him cry … it felt like eternity, I thought something was wrong, but then the sound that calmed me. The faint cry I had been waiting for. I touched their little hands, I think I smiled for a picture … then they were off to the NICU.
That was April 21st, 2009. The day we became a family of 5!
Dear Dakota,
From the first day I laid eyes on you, my heart was yours. You are my daughter, the one I have been picturing since I was a little girl. You are so perfect, just the way I imagined. I got to know you as you grew, taking all the space in my belly from your brother. You were always letting me know you were there, as you still do. I love the way you look at me with your bright blue eyes, thumb in mouth and waving with the other hand. Letting me know just how cute you really are. We know .... don't worry! I miss you like crazy during the week, thinking about you every second of the day at work. When the weekend hits, I love to pick out your cute outfits, kiss your chunky little cheeks and play with your tiny toes. I love it when you crinkle your nose and show me your pearly white teeth. Your laugh could make the saddest person happy. You are lazy sometimes, so laid back and carefree. Your idea of a good time is sitting in my lap watching your crazy brothers play together. You don't like baby food and you prefer your milk warm. You need to nap at the same time everyday and are pretty much a creature of habit. I am thankful for the year we have had together and I can’t wait for year two! You are beautiful and I love you. Happy Birthday!
Love Mom
Dear Jaxson,
You are my little man, you warm my heart. Everything about you is perfect. You light up a room with your smile. You have changed so much from the day I met you. I was worried, worried about how small you were and how hard it was for you to breath. I was worried that you would not eat and gain weight. I prayed a lot for you. You are strong, and you are healthy now! You are so smart, in to everything and watching your big brother so carefully. You get what you want, and you know what you want. I call home during the week, to listen you. I know hearing your sweet voice will get me through the rest of the work day. I feel bad sometimes that you might miss me too. I promise my hard work is all for you, to support you, to give you the best possible life. You love to hug, and will hang on to me with a tight grip. You crawl around the house with your favorite toy hanging from your mouth like a puppy dog, so cute. You love to splash in the tub. You don't eat much, but love your fruit. You don't care if your milk is warm or not. You hate to nap and you don’t really need to be on a schedule. You are an amazing little person and I love you. Just the same as your sister, I am thankful for the year we have had together and ready for year two! Happy Birthday!
Love Mom
My sweet babies ... you are my world. Happy Birthday!
Stay tuned for pictures from their big birthday celebrations!!

2 comments:
I remember writing the update post on your blog like it was yesterday!!! Love you guys!
I can't believe they are 1 already!! LOVE all the birthday pictures, and wish we could have been there to celebrate, too! :) Give them both birthday hugs from us! Michelle sent me the cake pics this morning...I was cracking up!!
Post a Comment