The weather has been so unpredictable ... after a week of rain, the sun finally came out for the entire weekend. Temperatures hit the 80's and we were out the door!
Time to clean up the backyard and hit the playset ... let the fun begin!
A few weeks ago Tyson found a friend ... with the help of Papa Rose
Wishing a very happy 16th birthday to my nephew Billy ... Crazy!

2 comments:
Hi Brooke,
Sarah's Covenant Homes is an orphanage in India that I volunteered in this past summer. You can read about it at the blog:
http://sarahscovenanthomes.blogspot.com/
But there is much more info on the facebook page (lots more photos). The orphanage has 82 beautiful kids with special needs. It costs $150/child a month to take care of these kids, so full sponsorship is $150/month. However, Sarah realizes that this isn't possible for everyone, so sponsors can choose how much they sponsor with (ex. $20/month, $30/month, $50/month, etc.) These funds go directly to caring for the kids; food, rent, staff, clothes, educational needs, outings, etc.
I have met the kids and I can tell you that this is a VERY deserving place to support. 100% of your funds go directly to the kids (none is taken off for Sarah's salary or admin). Having met the kids, I would be happy to send you photos and stories of the child that you decide to sponsor, if you decide this is an option for you. Some of the kids I spent the most time with are April, Molly, Nolan, Stacy, and Jeanette. On the sidebar of the blog (scroll down) you will see a list of kids name. Click on the different names to read about them. As I said, the blog isn't updated very frequently anymore, but there are more photos of the kids on the facebook page.
I have CC'd Sarah in this email. She lives in India and runs the orphanage. If you want to sponsor, just send her an email and she can set it up.
Thanks so much for your interest! I can assure you that you will feel SO connected with these kids and that you will be so proud to sponsor them. They are absolutely amazing.
I sent you an email but it bounced back. I just posted a comment telling you what it said.
Sarah's email is sarahscovenanthomes@ymail.com if you are interested
Post a Comment