Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

As I am sitting here listening to Jaxson cry ... wondering why ... what can I do now to make him stop ... he is fed, burped, changed, wrapped up .... what else could he want ... I just held him for 30 minutes ... I sometimes want to live in the blog world ... in every one's bliss that they write about ... what is so NOT everyday life!

I am having a feel sorry for me day. Not sure why, I have so much to be thankful for, but right now I am going CRAZY! (Jaxson stopped crying by the way, but now has the hiccups) Tyson is screaming for his Uncle Chris (not mommy or daddy who do EVERYTHING for him) See a few posts back and you will see Tyson's love for Uncle Chris. Dakota is the easy one, she sleeps, all of the time. The only child of mine that does that, but I don't ever enjoy quite time when she is sleeping because her brother's are very needy!

So back to blog world bliss. I like this, and sometimes wish I could live in it. Most blogs talk all about the happy stuff in our lives. Every once in awhile we will all tell a sad or crazy story but then get back to the happy stuff moments later. So this got me thinking (again, this blog title is Random Thoughts and today these are my Random Thoughts) So here is why I am feeling sorry for myself ... I compare myself to others ALL OF THE TIME, and I have been reading "my friends blogs" in my sidebar, and I catch myself thinking "now, why can't I be like that?"

We will start with my friend Andrea. Check out the Naville Family. She has incredible faith in the Lord and is one of the most amazing Christian's I know. I look up to her in so many ways (she does not always know this because I am so bad about telling her.) I would totally live in her blog world bliss. She knows who she is, and is finally living her dream. She is now a stay at home mom, moving into a house that is perfect for her family, and has the deepest love for Jesus Christ. I wonder sometimes why I just can't be like Andrea ... why can't I always think about what Jesus would do and remember what he did for us? I try really hard sometimes but it just slips away when I get angry or when I am having one of these feel sorry for myself days. Andrea, some days I just want to live in your blog world bliss!!

Next is my friend Aimee. Check out the Ash Twins. She is also a mother of multiples. She has been there for me through my twin journey. I would also like to live in her blog world bliss. She has it TOGETHER! I want her time management skills! She must be able to add hrs to her day, right! I can't believe all of the stuff this incredible woman can get done. She has 2 toddlers, a part time job, volunteers for her twins club and so much more AND still has time to have a social life AND go on VACATION! Aimee, teach me ... again, some days I want to live in your blog world bliss!

Next is a friend I met from a friend, Michelle. Check out Rhyme and Reason. Michelle is Aimee's best friend and I also want to live in her blog world bliss! She has a talent that I would LOVE to have, creativity. For any of you that saw the Announcements, Michelle was responsible for those. She also has more time in the day than I have, clearly. I just don't know how she does it all, but I want to do it all! She also has an clear understanding of the Lord and his works, she blogs about it so well. I need to learn to do the same. She has a lot in common with my friend Andrea. They really need to meet, maybe we can set that up sometime ladies (if you are reading.) She keeps her promises (I try really hard to do that) example ... 30 blogs in 24 days (supposed to be 3o in 3o :) She is just a real person and remembers to blog about the real stuff! So again, some days I want to live in your blog work bliss, Michelle!

Next is another Andrea (my sister in law's sister) She is pretty much family. Check out the Utley Crew. I want to live in her blog world bliss. She is an incredible mother. She has two of the sweetest little girls and she is SO SO SO great with them. She had a story on her blog the other day about a pool she bought the girls. It was raining outside and the girls were so sad, so she blew the pool up INSIDE! I need the patience to be able to blow the pool up inside ... do I have room for that with all the infant gear and toddler toys we have right now? YIKES! Anyways, Andrea is constantly writing hilarious stories about what goes on in her house and how much fun she has with the girls. ( Don't get me wrong, I have fun with my kids) but I want Andrea's fun sometimes. So to Andrea, I want to live in your blog world bliss too!

Next is my friend Erin. Check out the Harris Family. I want to live in her blog world bliss. Erin and her hubby have awesome vacations with family. She writes often about them. They travel to Hilton Head and other beaches every chance they get! We went to the pool today with the kids (picture to come) and she had it together. PB and J packed for a snack, she arrived at our house with a present for Tyson, pool balls that kept him, oh, so occupied. She brought little outfits for the twins. Why can't I think to go buy pool balls. So simple, instead I made sure he had sunscreen and swim shoes ... what fun is that to a toddler...? To Erin, I want to live in your blog world bliss too!

I have my own blog world bliss. The fun times we have with the kids, with our family, with each other. I just need to WANT to always live in my blog world bliss. It is hard outside of blog world sometimes, but what would life be with out a challenge that turns into an accomplishment. What would we get out of life if we did not have trying times ... right? So to my blog friends, I look up to you, and sometimes want what you have. In turn it makes me realize what I have and then I am thankful as I should be, so THANKS!

With all of my random thoughts today, here are a few things I am going to work on.




  • My relationship with God


  • Time management skills


  • Releasing my Creativity


  • Having fun with my kids and not sweating the small stuff


  • Being Thankful ... !!!


  • Living in my own Blog World Bliss!!!


  • Telling my friends how much they mean to me, and how I look up to them!

So now, I am not feeling so sorry for myself. I realize that God put all of these people in my life for a reason. If I want to do something I have to work hard to do it. It is not easy with two infants and a two year old, not easy to spend time with husband or myself at that. But we are SO SO SO happy. I just need to step back and take the time to realize it .... I am sure that there are things that I am good at, things that I have or do that other people want or want to do ... I just don't know it ...

So this post is dedicated to my "Blogger Friends" Keep up the good work. I check your blogs daily and sometimes just need a dose of your BLOG WORLD BLISS!!!

Enough for my random thoughts, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

mamalouise said...

You are a rock star Brooke! Seriously! First off, thank you for the kind words you said about me...too sweet! Second...today was one of those days for me too and I only have ONE wild and crazy boy! We all have those days, but not all of us have the bravity to share it with the blogger "bliss" world and I love that you did! Third, you don't give yourself enough credit (none of us do) but it needs to be pointed out that you have it so together!! You took being pregnant (for the SECOND time, with TWINS) better than I took my entire first pregnancy. I know this may sound weird but I seriously tell Aimee all the time that I think God has given you a wonderful gift of being a mother. A great mother. Who's children will grow up with so much love that they will go into the world and be wonderful people. That is a wonderful gift and not everyone has that. I will pray for Jaxson to give his momma some peace tonight...thank you again for this blog! A breath of fresh air.

The Utley Crew said...

Awww, Brooke, you made me cry! Thank you. I also want to echo mamalouise and tell you that you don't give yourself enough credit. You are a fantastic mother and, I also agree with momalouise, when she said that you took being pregnant with twins on like a true champ. You, by no means, had an easy pregnancy, yet you made the most of it, and always tried to look at the blessings you were being given. I am sure there were hard days, but you were always so positive and matter of fact about the babies. Trust me, if I had a 2 yr. old and twin babies, my blogs would read more along the lines of, 'well, I checked myself into the looney bin today!' haha! Seriously, you are doing an amazing job. I know you already know this, and probably don't want or need to hear it, but before you know it, these days will be a distant memory. Those babies will be walking, talking, independent little bundles of mischeif in the blink of an eye. You and Brian will have an even stronger realtionship because you survived these days/months. I wish we lived closer so we could get the kiddos together, take Girls Only breaks, and so I could help out. I think you and Brian are so strong. If we had twins, we would probably move closer to one of our families, because I am not sure if I could do it alone. (either that or pay Mom to move in with us...haha!) So, to sum it up, you are a great, selfless mother and your children are so blessed to have you for a Mommy! :) Hang in there!

Andrea said...

Oh Brookey! Thank you so much for this post. So, so sweet. I love you!

It's time to talk about you now though! You are an incredibly selfless friend putting everyone else's needs in front of your own.. You always have a smile on your face and I rarely hear you talk about your bad days! You were always the 'positive' one of our little group and little do you know, I look up to you! You are an AWESOME mom (I witnessed it first-hand!)and you definitely don't give yourself enough credit! You're AMAZING! An amazing wife, mom, daughter, friend, worker, etc. etc. You're drive inspires me and your will to learn more and strengthen your relationship with Christ is uplifting.

I can assure you that I don't have it all together...no one does. Remember to look for your happiness in the Lord and not get caught up in all this 'stuff' here.. Your relationship with Him is all that matters. We all talk about the oo's and aww's of our days, but speaking for me, I need to share more of my bad days so you have a better view into 'my life' or 'my REAL life'! ;-) I need to start taking pictures at my bad moments... I never think to pick up the camera when I'm trying to shove food into a screaming babies mouth b/c she won't taste it or when I'm being selfish and frustrated over naps & eating & schedules...etc. etc. That's all beside the fact... Just know that the way you look at us girls, is the WAY WE LOOK AT YOU TOO!

OK, I've rambled enough...I miss you by the way! ;-) When you get some time, give me a call!