Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dear Tyson

What seems like just days ago I was sitting at work with nothing on my mind but the chance that I could be growing a tiny little miracle. Wondering and waiting for the phone call that could change my life forever. It was around 3:00 when my cell phone began to ring. Everything was in slow motion, my heart was about to beat right out of my chest. "Mrs. Jones" .... "Yes yes, this is she" .... "your blood results are in and everything looks great" .... I thought, great, what does that mean? Great, does that mean .... pregnant?? Is this nurse going to speak again and tell me what great means!!! "Congratulations, you are pregnant!" The words I have been waiting to hear for so long. At that exact moment my life changed, but better than that you created a mother, a family and at that moment, I knew the Lord had blessed me with a gift of life.

Just around 34 weeks later the night before Thanksgiving you decided it was time. You arrived on Thanksgiving Day, healthy, just a little early. I was able to hold you before they took you to the NICU. Your father and I spent everyday at the hospital with you for the next 2 weeks. Finally on December 7th we brought you home! Your patience is something we continue to work on even at 2 years old.

Tyson, I can't even begin to express how much love I have for you. Every moment, every word, every kiss and hug, I wish I could just save them all. The time has gone by so fast. I treasure every moment I have with you and want you to know you will always be my baby boy.
It is now time for a new chapter in our lives. You have earned the title of "Big Brother." I want you to know that the love we have for you will not change. Our love will stretch and grow as our family grows. You too, will experience your baby brother and sister bringing so much joy into our lives. We have just weeks before their arrival. I can't help but think, I just want to spend every second I can one on one with you. Then, when I think about bringing the twins home and picturing how you will make them smile and giggle, I realize you will also teach them how to love! What more could we ask for?

You have taught me so much about being a mother. I used to worry about the little things but then realized that those things did not matter. I just hope and pray that God continues to give me the wisdom I need as mother. From the moment I first held you and rubbed my finger across your little cheek, to now, smiling when you say "what's that" to anything you can point to, I would not change a single thing. You are perfect in my eyes and I Love you!

Mom



After the nurse from the NICU brought you back to your daddy and I. We saw right past that feeding tube to your beautiful face.

Our Miracle ... waiting patiently to take you home.

Your character is shinning through!


1 comment:

The Utley Crew said...

That was perfect! I am so excited for you all. I remember when I was pregnant with Olivia thinking, 'there is NO way I will ever be able to love another baby as much I love Abby, etc.' But, that was SO wrong. All the fun, love, joy, laughter, etc. it all just multiplies, and you are right...when you hear those babies and Tyson playing and laughing together for the first time, it will bring tears to your eyes. You look awesome, by the way!! :)